Thursday, March 17, 2016

Germany: Imperial Abbey of Corvey

The Imperial Abbey of Corvey or Princely Abbey of Corvey (German: Stift Corvey or Fürstabtei Corvey) was a Benedictine abbey on the River Weser, 2 km northeast of Höxter, in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It was one of the Imperial abbeys of the Holy Roman Empire from the late Middle Ages until 1792 when the abbey was dissolved and Corvey converted into a prince-bishopric. It was in turn secularized in 1803 and absorbed into the newly created Principality of Nassau-Orange-Fulda. In 2014, the former abbey was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.



Stamp:
UNESCO World Heritage - Imperial Abbey of Corvey - Issued: 01-03-2016 with matching postmark

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jens,

    Thank you for your e-mail and also for visiting my blog about covers www.cartasenmibuzon.blogspot.com I'd like to tell you that here in our local post office we don't have a philatelic shop, therefore is very difficult for me to find nice stamps for to pay the postal rates, I mean that I can not send nice covers from my country, in our local post office you only can find stamps with the picture of King Felipe VI or ugly post labels.


    I can see in your blog that you are a postcards collector, perhaps you like to see my collection of postcards in my other blog www.postalesenmibuzon.blogspot.com

    If you wish, I could send you a postcard from time to time from Spain and in exchange you could send me a cover from your country.

    I send my sincere wishes of health and happiness to you and all your loved ones.

    Yours faithfully

    Emilio Fernandez

    ReplyDelete